As a training tool
The technological component in the RC System’s training programs for students and faculty competence in the communication skills that would assure an effective use of the process as well as a means to identify and resolve language difficulties.
- Various Training Seminar-Workshop for the Improvement of Communication Skills; Nov-Dec.2000, Dec-Jan. 2001, Apr-May 2001, Apr-May 2002, Oct. 2002 (Participants from System’s Plus Computer College);
- Discussion and Group Method Seminar-Workshop; Apr-May 2004
- Reading in English for Enjoyment Seminar-Workshop; Apr-May 2004; Apr-May 2005; Apr-May 2006; April 2008
- English Conversations Seminar-Workshop; Apr-May 2005
- Effective Communication in the Workplace Seminar-Workplace; Apr-May 2006
- “Planning, Organizing and Managing Speech Laboratories of the Roosevelt College System” at the RC Cainta Language Laboratory for the Sept.30, 2006 Symposium Workshop, “Reframing the Teaching of Speech Communication in the Philippines; Addressing Elementary and High School Educators Needs”, a feature the 2006 Speech Festival, Department of Speech Communication and Theatre Arts, College of Arts and Letter, UP Diliman.
- A one –hour demonstration of the SPEAK, LISTEN and LEARN Prep level teaching-learning materials (Teacher’s Manual, Student’s Sourcebook and CD recorded lessons for owners, administrators and teachers of Prep schools located within the vicinity of RCS campuses held at RC Cainta Speech Lab, April 25 and 26, May 2,3, and 4 2007.
- RCS Teacher Training Workshop Across Disciplines for Improvement of Communication Skills when using the English Language; Apr-May 2008
As a medium
The technological channel for students and faculty that provides access to varied learning sources of subject matter disciplines.
The Recording Studio produces electronically voiced lessons of the SLL teaching learning materials and other messages for use by faculty and students to gain proficiency in Spoken American English.
As a information pool
The technological means by which students and faculty acquire data for curricular and co-curricular projects.
As a network
Provides audio facilities for co-curricular, alumni and community events within the Roosevelt College System and its various publics.
To contact us:
English Language Training Center is located at the RC Cainta campus Ground Floor, Secondary Education Building, Sumulong Highway, Cainta, Rizal
Telephone no. (02) 6816210 loc. 221
Email add: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Sonia J. Valenciano – Head of Operations
Josephine B. Rayos – Staff Coordinator
Julius S. Cleofas – Recording Studio; Master Audio-Computer Technician