RCI Marikina on FEU campus tour: “Overwhelming and memorable”
Such was the impression of Roosevelt College, Inc. (RCI) Marikina faculty from the Elementary and Secondary Education Departments on their campus tour in FEU Manila on September 20, 2016. “We learned about the facts, stories and even trivia about the different buildings and structures in the campus,” they added. But what caught their attention was the library whose facilities amazed them. “This is one of our dreams for our pupils and students at RCI. We look forward to the improvement of our facilities, just like FEU’s,” they shared.Their enjoyable experience in the school was captured in photos below:
The RCI Marikina administrators and teachers at the FEU Tamaraw statue. The Tamaraw is the mascot of every FEU athletic team. Hence, Tams is the pet name of every FEU student
- RCI Marikina secondary school teachers, led by Racquel San Diego, guidance counselor (front row, third from left), and Merlina Domingo, academic supervisor, (front row, fourth from left) at the statue of Dr. Nicanor Reyes, Sr., the founder and first president of the Far Eastern University (FEU), at the Smiling Tamaraw Garden.
- It’s the elementary school teachers’ turn to pose at the statue of Dr. Nicanor Reyes, Sr. The group is headed by Laura Moya, principal (first row, 3rd from right).
The FEU chapel is considered as one of the historical buildings inside the campus which was built during the 1950s.
FUN FACT: Did you know why the tiles are different? It’s because on the right side FEU is located in Sampaloc, Manila and on the left side, it’s in Quiapo, Manila. Who said you can’t be in two places at once?
Reunion of sorts: RCI teachers accidentally bumped into two former students of Roosevelt College who are now studying in FEU – Lorelyn Diaz (3rd from left) and Angelica Mailed (4th from left). Both graduated in SY 2015-2016.
- 3-4 : Preparation of Records
- 5 : Release of Cards
- 17-May 31 : Summer Classes
- May 15 – June 2 : Teachers’ Workshops